Nutrition facts and Weight Watchers points for Side of Brown Rice from WaBa Grill.
There are 320 calories in Side of Brown Rice.
|Calories From Fat
|Amount Per Serving
|% Daily Value*
*All percent daily value figures are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Nutritional information source: WaBa Grill
We are working on getting the allergen information for this item.
We are working on getting the ingredients for this item.
Brown rice is a popular and nutritious alternative to white rice, and WaBa Grill offers a delicious side of brown rice to complement its menu items. Packed with essential nutrients and fiber, this side of brown rice offers numerous health benefits. In this article, we will explore the features, benefits, and drawbacks of WaBa Grill’s Side of Brown Rice.
Features & Benefits
WaBa Grill’s Side of Brown Rice is a flavorful and versatile choice that pairs well with a variety of dishes. Here are some notable features of this menu item:
- Nutritious: Brown rice is a whole grain that retains the bran and germ layers, which are rich in essential nutrients such as fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- High Fiber: Brown rice is an excellent source of fiber. It contains both soluble and insoluble fiber, which can aid in digestion, promote satiety, and support healthy weight management.
- Complex Carbohydrates: Unlike refined grains, brown rice is a complex carbohydrate that provides sustained energy and helps regulate blood sugar levels.
- Lower Glycemic Index: Brown rice has a lower glycemic index than white rice. This means that it causes a slower and more gradual rise in blood sugar levels, making it a favorable choice for people with diabetes or those seeking to manage their blood sugar levels.
WaBa Grill’s Side of Brown Rice offers several health benefits that make it a nutritious addition to your meal:
- Heart Healthy: Brown rice contains high levels of magnesium, which has been linked to a reduced risk of heart disease and stroke. Its fiber content also supports heart health by helping to lower cholesterol levels.
- Weight management: The fiber in brown rice can help you feel fuller for longer, reducing the likelihood of overeating. It is also lower in calories than some other starchy side options, making it a good choice for those watching their calorie intake.
- Digestive health: The fiber in brown rice supports a healthy digestive system by promoting regular bowel movements and preventing constipation.
- Nutrient-dense: Brown rice is a good source of essential nutrients, including B vitamins, manganese, selenium, and magnesium. These nutrients play a vital role in several bodily functions, including energy production, immune function, and bone health.
While WaBa Grill’s Side of Brown Rice offers numerous health benefits, it is important to be aware of some potential drawbacks:
- Calorie content: Brown rice, like all grains, contains calories. While it is a healthier choice than some other starches, portion control is important, especially if you are watching your calorie intake.
- Allergen Information: The site does not provide specific allergen information for the Side of Brown Rice. If you have any food allergies or sensitivities, it’s important to check with the restaurant or their website for detailed allergen information.
- Preparation Methods: The specific preparation methods used by WaBa Grill for their Side of Brown Rice are not mentioned on the page. Different cooking methods may affect the nutritional profile of the rice, such as the amount of added fat or sodium.
WaBa Grill’s Side of Brown Rice is a nutritious and flavorful choice that offers several health benefits. Packed with fiber, essential nutrients, and complex carbohydrates, it supports heart health, aids in weight management, and promotes a healthy digestive system. While it is important to be mindful of portion sizes and potential allergens, incorporating WaBa Grill’s Side of Brown Rice into your meal can contribute to a balanced and healthy dining experience.
Questions and Answers
Is WaBa Grill’s side of brown rice a healthy choice?
Yes, WaBa Grill’s Side of Brown Rice is a healthy choice. It is a whole grain that retains the bran and germ layers, which are rich in essential nutrients and fiber. It offers several health benefits, including promoting heart health, aiding in weight management, and supporting a healthy digestive system.
Is brown rice lower in calories than white rice?
Yes, brown rice is generally lower in calories than white rice. It is a lower calorie option due to its higher fiber content and nutrient density. However, it is still important to watch portion size when eating brown rice as part of a balanced diet.
Can I eat WaBa Grill’s Side of Brown Rice if I have diabetes?
Yes, people with diabetes can include WaBa Grill’s Side of Brown Rice in their meal plan. Brown rice has a lower glycemic index than white rice, which means it causes a slower and more gradual rise in blood sugar levels. However, portion control and overall carbohydrate intake should be considered in accordance with personal dietary guidelines and recommendations from healthcare professionals.
Is WaBa Grill’s side of brown rice gluten free?
Although brown rice itself is naturally gluten-free, cross-contamination can occur during food preparation. If you have gluten intolerance or celiac disease, it is important to contact the restaurant directly or check their website for specific information about potential gluten cross-contamination in their kitchen.
Can I substitute brown rice for white rice in all WaBa Grill meals?
Yes, in most cases you can substitute brown rice for white rice in WaBa Grill meals. Brown rice can be a healthier alternative due to its higher fiber and nutrient content. However, it’s always a good idea to check with the restaurant or review the menu options to ensure that brown rice is available as a substitute for white rice in the specific meal you are requesting.