Calories, fat, protein, and carbohydrate values for Shrimp Fried Rice.
There are 244 calories in Shrimp Fried Rice.
Total Fat 9.1 grams
Saturated Fat 1.2 grams
Cholesterol 106 milligrams
Sodium 1130 milligrams
Potassium 183 milligrams
Total Carbohydrates 28 grams
Dietary Fiber 0.9 grams
|Walking (3mph)||66 minutes|
|Running (6mph)||23 minutes|
|Bicycling (10mph)||34 minutes|
What is shrimp fried rice made of?
Made with rice, shrimp, peas, carrots, onion, and egg, plus savory Asian flavors, it’s the best stir fry recipe ever – and healthy too!
Why do they call it shrimp fried rice?
You see, it’s actually called “Shrimp Fried Rice” because the dish itself consists mostly of fried rice. The rice, however, contains shrimp within it. The “Shrimp” in the phrase “Shrimp Fried Rice” acts not as an active noun, but as a sort of adjective. “Fried,” similarly, is not a verb, but a noun.
Is Chinese Shrimp Fried Rice healthy?
A plate of fried rice with shrimp. Rice and vegetables, the main ingredients in fried rice, are nutritious foods to include in your daily diet. Adding shrimp to a serving of fried rice is a low-fat way to boost your intake of protein and other essential nutrients.
What are the different types of Chinese fried rice?
Top 20 Delicious Chinese Fried Rice
- Chicken Fried Rice. …
- Shrimp Fried Rice. …
- Lighter Fried Rice. …
- Almost Classic Pork Fried Rice. …
- Fried Rice & Sweet Soy Sauce. …
- Pork Fried Rice and Snow Pea. …
- Easy and quick Pork Fried Rice. …
- Red Pepper, Almond and Fried Brown Rice.
How do you make shrimp fried rice?
- Toss shrimp with salt, pepper, cornstarch: In a medium bowl, sprinkle the shrimp with salt, pepper, and cornstarch, and toss to coat. …
- Heat pan on high heat: …
- Sear shrimp on both sides: …
- Cook beaten eggs, slightly runny: …
- Sauté green onions, add rice: …
- Add soy sauce, carrots, peas, shrimp, eggs, sesame oil:
What goes in shrimp and rice?
- 1 cup Minute rice (you can use dry rice, as well, just cook it prior to starting this recipe)
- 6 tablespoons butter.
- 4 cloves garlic, minced.
- 12 to 16 ounces extra large shrimp, peeled, deveined.
- 1/4 cup low fat shredded parmesan cheese.
- 3 tablespoons skim milk.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley.
What is the healthiest thing to get at a Chinese restaurant?
13 Healthiest Chinese Food Takeout Options
- Steamed dumplings. Dumplings offered at a Chinese restaurant are pockets of dough filled with seasoned meat and vegetables, usually pork and cabbage. …
- Hot and sour soup or egg drop soup. …
- Moo goo gai pan. …
- Beef and broccoli. …
- Chop suey. …
- Chicken and broccoli. …
- Baked salmon. …
- Happy family.
Is fried rice worse than white rice?
Fried rice is undeniably bad for you, setting you back 450 calories and 14 grams of fat. Brown rise is better, with only 215 calories and a generous 3.5 grams of fiber per cup. But even though it’s trendy to avoid white rice because it’s a high-glycemic carb, it’s not so bad.
Is fried rice actually fried?
Fried rice is technically a stir-fry. In other words, it’s a collection of ingredients sautéed at really high heat to not just cook, but also sear.
Is shrimp fried rice good for weight loss?
A 1-cup serving of shrimp fried rice contains 339 calories (238 from fried rice and 101 from shrimps), 5.4 grams of fat of which only 1 gram is saturated fat, and 24.5 grams of protein (9). So, in general, fried rice can be good for weight loss.
Is fried rice healthy?
Fried rice has such a distinct flavor, and I think it’s just as good the un-fried way. This is also a great way to use up any cooked brown rice you have leftover from other dishes. This dish is full of healthy fiber, protein, good fat, and good carbs, and is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.