Nutrition facts and Weight Watchers points for Kids Chicken Strips from Dairy Queen.
There are 280 calories in Kids Chicken Strips.
|Calories From Fat
|Amount Per Serving
|% Daily Value*
*All percent daily value figures are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Nutritional information source: Dairy Queen
Contains gluten soy wheat
Does Not Contain* egg fish milk peanuts shellfish tree nuts
Unknown glutamates MSG mustard nitrates seeds sesame sulfites
Allergy Information: Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips contain gluten, soy and wheat. Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips does not contain egg, fish, milk, peanuts, shellfish or tree nuts.*
* Please keep in mind that most fast food restaurants cannot guarantee that any product is free of allergens as they use shared equipment for prepping foods.
Chicken Strips: Uncooked Chicken Tenderloin Fritters Containing Up To 18% Of A Solution Of Water, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Salt, and Sodium Phosphates. Breaded With: Unbleached And Enriched Wheat Flour (Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Bleached Enriched Wheat Flour (Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Modified Corn Starch, Yellow Corn flour, Salt, Spices, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate), Bread Crumbs [Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Corn Syrup Solids, Dried Yeast, Soybean Oil, Salt, Mono And Diglycerides, Malted Barley Flour, Ammonium sulfate, Leavening (Monocalcium Phosphate), Calcium Propionate, Sorbitan Monostearate], Onion Powder, Soybean Oil And Paprika. Fried in Vegetable Oil.
Do DQ chicken strips have dairy?
All fried items (like the fries and chicken strips) might be cooked in shared fryers with items that contain milk. Be sure to verify at your location.
When it comes to quick and satisfying meals for kids, Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips are a popular choice. These crispy and flavorful chicken strips have gained attention for their taste and convenience. In this expert article, we will explore the features, benefits, and considerations of Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips to help you make an informed choice for your child’s meal.
Features of Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips
- Tasty and crispy: Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips are known for their delicious taste and crispy texture. The chicken is coated in a seasoned breading that delivers a satisfying crunch with every bite.
- Kid-Friendly Portion Size: The serving size of Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips is two strips, perfectly portioned for a child’s appetite. This ensures your little one gets a satisfying meal without overwhelming portion sizes.
- High in protein: These chicken strips are an excellent source of protein, with each serving providing 13 grams. Protein is essential for growing children as it supports muscle development and overall growth.
- Low sugar content: Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips contain just 1 gram of sugar per serving. This makes them a great option for parents who are concerned about their child’s sugar intake.
Benefits of Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips
- Convenience for busy parents: Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips offer a convenient meal option for busy parents. Whether you’re on the go or looking for a quick dinner solution, these chicken strips can be a time-saving choice.
- Appealing to picky eaters: The crunchy texture and familiar taste of Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips can appeal to picky eaters. It can be a challenge to find meals that kids enjoy, but these chicken strips often make the cut.
- Balanced nutrition: In addition to being high in protein, Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips provide a balanced mix of essential nutrients. They contain 13 grams of fat, 28 grams of carbohydrates and 2 grams of fiber, contributing to a well-rounded meal for your child.
- Transparent Allergen Information: Dairy Queen provides allergen information, including the presence of gluten, soy, wheat, eggs, fish, milk, peanuts, shellfish, tree nuts and other potential allergens. This allows parents to make informed decisions based on their child’s dietary needs.
Considerations for Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips
- Sodium Content: It’s important to note that Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips contain 640 milligrams of sodium per serving, which is 27% of the recommended daily value. Parents should be aware of their child’s total sodium intake, especially if they have specific dietary restrictions or concerns.
- Fried Preparation: Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips are fried in vegetable oil, which contributes to their appealing taste and texture. However, it’s important to remember that fried foods may not be the healthiest option for regular consumption. Moderation and balance are key when including these chicken strips in your child’s diet.
- Shared fryers: According to Dairy Queen, their fried items, including chicken strips, may be cooked in shared fryers with items containing milk. If your child has a dairy allergy or sensitivity, it’s important to check the handling and preparation procedures at your specific Dairy Queen location.
Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips are a tasty and convenient meal option for kids. With their crispy texture, balanced nutrition and appeal to picky eaters, they have become a first choice for many parents. However, it’s important to consider the sodium content, frying preparation and shared fryer concerns when incorporating these chicken strips into your child’s diet.
As with any food choice, moderation and variety are key to maintaining a healthy and balanced diet for children. Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips can be enjoyed as part of a well-rounded meal plan that includes a variety of nutritious foods.
Always consult your child’s healthcare provider or a registered dietitian for personalized nutrition advice and to address any specific dietary restrictions or concerns.
Questions and Answers
Are Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips safe for kids with dairy allergies?
Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips contain gluten, soy and wheat, but no dairy. However, it’s important to note that they can be cooked in shared fryers with items that contain milk. If your child has a dairy allergy or sensitivity, it’s a good idea to check the handling and preparation procedures at your specific Dairy Queen location to minimize the risk of cross-contamination.
Can Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips be part of a healthy diet for kids?
Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips can be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet for children when consumed in moderation. While they are a good source of protein and essential nutrients, it’s important to consider the overall nutritional profile of your child’s diet. Encourage a variety of nutrient-rich foods, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins, to ensure a well-rounded diet.
Do Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips come with a toy in the kids’ meals?
No, Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips meals do not come with a toy. However, they do come with a kid-sized cone that provides a sweet treat to go along with the meal.
Can Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips be reheated?
Yes, Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips are pre-cooked and can be reheated. To reheat, place them directly on a grill or use an oven or microwave according to the manufacturer’s instructions. It’s important to heat them thoroughly to ensure food safety.
Are Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips safe for pregnant women?
Dairy Queen Kids Chicken Strips are generally safe for pregnant women to eat. However, it’s important to consider individual dietary needs and consult with a healthcare provider for personalized advice. Raw eggs and raw dairy products should be avoided during pregnancy due to the potential for foodborne illness. It’s best to choose cooked and pasteurized options to minimize any risks.